…that out of all social networking users 92% partake in Facebook, 29% participate on MySpace, 18% are on LinkedIn and Twitther is the least utilized network with just 13% usage?
How does the usage of social networking sites affect our lives?
– Only 3% of users’ Facebook friends have never met in person. While 89% of all Facebook friends have met in person more than once.
– Internet users have a much more diverse network than those who don’t use the internet. Out of all social networks, LinkedIn users have the most diverse networks.
– The average user of a social networking site has more close ties than a non-Internet user and is half as likely to be socially isolated as the average American.
– Internet Users are more trusting of others than non-Internet users. Facebook users are over 3 times more likely than non-internet users to agree that “most people can be trusted.”
– Social networking users may have more of a life than non-internet users. There is a higher percentage of SNS users to partake in a community group, sports league or youth group than a non-internet user.